Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

My vin says KX125C-004523 Please assist me with the year

Customer Question

Hi! My vin says KX125C-004523 Please assist me with the year model for my bike as I'm rebuilding it and want to order the right year model parts! Thank you so much
JA: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to discuss this further with you. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?
Customer: No that is all thank you
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

Based on the information you supplied this bike was not manufactured for the United States, if it had a 17 digit number I could look it up on US data base.

It appears to be a 1984 KX125-C1 it would be the 3rd year after the 125's went to water cooling, actually this year model had a distinctive cylinder head, even though it was water-cooled there were short little fins on the top of the head.

Let me know if this helps or you have further questions.

Thanks

Kenny