Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

Trying to find carbs for my kz, thats part of the problem.

Customer Question

Trying to find carbs for my kz
JA: What's the make/model/year of your bike?
Customer: thats part of the problem. 900 frame 1000 engine model KZT00AE
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: CAR? THIS IS A MOTORCYCLE
JA: What year is your 900?
Customer: Don't know 70's
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes need new carbs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** am I speaking to ?

It looks you are in need of a set of carbs ? correct ?

I can offer you some assistance, we generally are more technical, I have a lot of history with vintage Kawasaki bikes

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is Tyler. Yes in need of carbs.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 4 months ago.

Thanks Tyler, I have a 75 900 and carbs are getting harder and harder to find, your best bet is to start with eBay, you are looking for a set (4) 28mm Mikuni carburetors (VM28) if you can find a set of 29mm Smoothbore Mikuni's those are very nice and would work well on your bike, the smoothbores did not come OE on your bike but were a great aftermarket alternative, if you can find those you'll pay for them, they are very sought after.

I found a link on eBay and I saw that someone was selling a set of 28's, there are off of a later model because of them having accelerator pump, the 900's did not come with an accelerator pump, these will work but likely you would need more rebuild parts because of the added pump.

If you can find a perfect set and the price is reasonable I would take it, if not like in this link he says that they are missing a few parts.

Let me know of this helps or you have further questions.

Thanks

Kenny

http://www.ebay.com/itm/KAWASAKI-Z1-900-KZ-CARB-28MM-1000-CARBURETOR-MIKUNI-LTD-Z1R-MKII-28-MIC-ACC-PUMP-/132188155921?hash=item1ec7073011:g:LN0AAOSwB-1YwMAG&vxp=mtr