Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

2013 CAN AM outlander 800. I have purchased a bike at an

Customer Question

2013 CAN AM outlander 800. I have purchased a bike at an auction and have had some problems very quick it. Would like to know if I got one with some issues.
1- My first ride on the trail within a mile the main drive axle fell out, right were it meets to the yoke of the rear diff. I had broght it into the Can Am dealership. The counter fellow showed me that the bolt that holds the drive axle was not there. I had bout it and installed the nut. Now it has a very large rattle. I am hoping its not the gear box on it. I would need help pin pointing my problem.
2-the drive axle looked like it had new u joints replaced in the rear and was don very poorly. The u joints were crushed and lots of play in that area.
3- after the shift fell out I am having a very difficult time to get it into gear.
4-it has a loud clicking when it moves forward so really hoping its the axle rather then gear box.thanks
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal mechanical fault in the transmission/gear box itself and is most likely caused by the drive line/axle falling out with the bolt that was missing.The transmission/gear box will have to be inspected further to locate if there is any internal damage to it needing repaired or replaced to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete