Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a 2001 Yamaha raptor 660 when it starts up it cuts

Customer Question

I have a 2001 Yamaha raptor 660 when it starts up it cuts right back off and I done put a new spark plug and clean the carburetors and jet but what could it be?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 5 months ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer; a Q & A site and I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, let's try check and review the basics. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • when the Raptor "...cuts right back off...", cautiously perform a spark test;
  • • drain the carb bowl to determine fuel content's quantity and quality.

The above would help point to whether the issue is electrical/missing spark or fuel starvation/delivery.