Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I recently bought a 2007 Ninja 650r with only 5000 miles.

Customer Question

I recently bought a 2007 Ninja 650r with only 5000 miles. It's probably been sitting for awhile..When I first got it, it shifted OK. Then when riding it wouldn't shift out of 1st gear only into neutral. Then I reved it up to very hi rpm and it started shifting OK. Then today after the bike sat for a week it's doing the same thing only reving it up this time didn't fix it. So I rode it up to 8 or 9000 rpm and I was able to shift out of first gear into second but some of the other gears are hard sometimes to shift in too. My foot is all swollen from riding this bike.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 6 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially (before anything and anything else), considering having an oil change (if have not been done).