Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

How to adjust bearing virago final drive input shaft 1983

Customer Question

how to adjust bearing virago final drive input shaft 1983 model
JA: What's the make/model/year of your bike?
Customer: yamaha virago xv 1000 midnight special 1983 model
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i have it apart i need to know how tight to do the nut holding the the bearing on the pinion shaft and then the follow up nut to adjust backlash
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

In some cases info like this has to be obtained from a dealer as no one else has posted here on how this is adjusted.If this is not an option for you or was already attempted let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete