Eric, Technician
Experience:  MMI grad. 7 years experience in Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, as service manager and tech.
12914129

I have a Susuki Bergman 400 and have a out ignition

Customer Question

I have a Susuki Bergman 400 and have a burnt out ignition switch....I understand there is a recall out on it how do I contact them
JA: Has the car been stalling out?
Customer: No
JA: What is the model/year of your Suzuki?
Customer: 2005 400 burgmann
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am certain it is the ignition switch ....Tested it according to Susuki shop manual the main power circuit had overheated and is fried
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just what he knows about overheating problem
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Eric replied 8 months ago.

Yes some of the burgmans have a contact issue in the switch drum. One of the contacts is a bit smaller and doesnt allow for good contact unless the ignition switch is switched fully on. Sometimes the switch can be on and not fully into its position. This causes an overheat on the contact and eventually fails. The typical motions with this is you should contact your closest suzuki dealership, have your VIN number from the bike ready. And they can look up your vehichle up and verify that your bike will still fall under the recall. If so you just set up the appointment with them and suzuki pays for the repairs.