Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Need advice on fuel system issue in 1996 Arctic Car Pantera

Customer Question

Need advice on fuel system issue in 1996 Arctic Car Pantera EFI snowmobile. After sitting for about a year, I replaced the battery and was able to get the engine to run for a few minutes on starter fluid. But despite topping off the fuel tank, it appears that fuel is not reaching the injectors. One of two clear hoses (presumably from the fuel pump) is delivering fuel to one side of injector body, but there is no fuel reaching the injectors or existing the injector body. My recollection is that there should be a continuous circulation of fuel through the injector body whenever the engine is running. Is there some sort of filter that may have been clogged by fuel decay within the injector housing? Or could the system need some sort of "priming" if there is air in the system? Any troubleshooting advice to identify and resolve the issue would be appreciated.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What is approx. fuel pressure expected from pump?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How much pressure should the fuel be under as it arrives at the fuel injection rail?
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has posted any help with this here.In some cases this can be due to the info you may be looking for may be difficult to obtain or the correct person that can help may not be online.

Unfortunately I do not show what the pressure should be from the pump itself or in the fuel rail but if you have no fuel like you are seeing here this can indicate a blockage in the fuel feed to the injector rail or an issue with a faulty pump needing replaced.I would check for any blockages and if any blockages are found then this will need repaired.If this is o.k. I would have the pump checked to see if it needs replaced.Pump failure can be common.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete