Eric, Technician
Experience:  MMI grad. 7 years experience in Honda, Suzuki, Yamaha, as service manager and tech.
12914129

I have a polaris 700 sportsman atv been siting for six

Customer Question

I have a polaris 700 sportsman atv been siting for six months. not getting eyne fuel to injectors.where is the presser regalator located.it is a2005
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: wont start unless you spray gass in the air intake.but it won't stay running.
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: it is a 2005 polaris 700 sportsman atv 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes trying to locate the fule pressure regulator valve.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

The fuel system on this Polaris does not have a seperate fuel pressure regulator, for it is built into the fuel pump unit. The fuel pump sits in the fuel tank itself. After sitting for a period of time unused it would be plausable that the fuel pump has seized from not being used. However it would be first worth checking that you are getting power to the fuel pump. When you turn the key on, it should have momentary power to prime the system. If you are not getting that then you may have an electrical issue elsewhere. but if you are getting power to the fuel pump, and you are not getting pressure to the injectors, they there is an issue with the fuel pump assembly.