Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Bike won't start. From googling I found that it's the

Customer Question

Bike won't start. From googling I found that it's the security system. This bell looking part appears to be an antenna that fell of the bike while I was changing the oil. I'm sure this it the problem. It clamps on to the bike somewhere but I don't know where and the screw that secures it is missing. I need to find a screw that will fit it but I don't know where it goes (clamps on) on the bike.
JA: When was your last oil change?
Customer: I just changed the oil
JA: What is the model/year of your motorcycle?
Customer: 2007 harley roadster
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. I don't know where this part clamps on.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I know some of these may be located in front of the battery.You may have to obtain a screw from a dealer for this antennae assembly and also ask them when in there where this installs for sure on your model.If this was already attempted or is not an option for you here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete