Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I installed chome handle turn signals on my 2010 Yamaha

Customer Question

I installed chome handle turn signals on my 2010 Yamaha raiderS XV 1900 and the signals on the handle bar ends are dem. When I tested them by running the wire from the handle and splashed into the bar signal light wire it gave a strong signal, and once I disconnected the bar signal light and connected the wire coming from the handlebars signal to the signal wire they have gone to a dem signal what's the problem can you help?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 8 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially, if the "...chome handle turn signals..." were purchased online, please post back with a LINK to the product page. Otherwise, post back with clear pictures. Click HERE. Incidentally, are these LED signal lights?

If the lights are dim, then either the voltage supplied to the light is low or there is poor ground connection.

Proposed preliminary checks (if have not been done):

• check for the presence of pulsating voltages on the light blue and brown wires when signal lights engaged;
  • ensure that the black wires are tied to good ground.