Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My 2011 CVO ultra is stuck on am or use a cd the mode switch

Customer Question

Steve my 2011 CVO ultra is stuck on am or use a cd the mode switch does not respond perhaps I locked out something but no FM or XM which is standard with Harley advanced audio every other aspect of the radio is fine
JA: Is the vehicle rusty near the spare?
Customer: ????
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: rusty near the spare what were talking about Audio
JA: What is the model of your '11 motorcycle?
Customer: 2011 CVO Ultra came with advanced Aduio which means built in XM on top of WB and funtions similar too a Harmon Karin unit
JA: Are you fixing your bike yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked fuses , disconnected batter again the right side mode button does not allow for changing the diff funtions.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no thinking I may have locked something out mondy it was fine yesterday I sarted it and discovered this XM is my normal selection since am fm muic stinks
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

You can try and reset it by removing the power feed or fuse from the radio for about 5 minutes then see if it operates then as sometimes this works.If this does not work here this issue can be due to a fault with the radio itself with it needing removed and repaired to resolve this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete