Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Bike is missing. This has been ongoing problem. Sometimes it

Customer Question

Bike is missing. This has been ongoing problem. Sometimes it will go hundreds of miles before it starts. This past 2 wks it starts when it fires up. It will jerk, jump, miss, runs a little better under light throttle load. Items new are, fuel pump, pressure regulator, All fuel lines, both knock and Oxy sensors, fuel pump relay, connectors and wires checked, Gerald
JA: Are you certain it's the fuel pressure sensor that's in need of attention? What about the fuel rail? Have you checked it yet?
Customer: Both fuel rails have been removed cleaned and installed. Also 2 injectors were making noise, replace all six. Fuel pressure is 50 psi with vacuum line pinched, 40 psi unpinched.
JA: What is the model of your '50 Honda?
Customer: Honda Goldwing, 2001, with 160,000 miles
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I do all work. I have done all items listed in the paragraph above. Bike still misses.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You cannot text me. My phone number listed is a land line. I can be reached by phone or e:mail.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Old spark plugs showed extremely rich fuel mixture. New plugs were installed yesterday 10.07.2016. Still missing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you havent yet inspect for any damaged or shorted wiring on the engine causing this fault here.I have seen in some cases where damaged or shorted wiring can cause this issue needing repaired or replaced.If this is or has been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remove me from you service. Today is the fourth day from when I contacted your Co. Do not contact me again. Your service is useless to me. G M Mosley
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I will direct this to the customer care team to help on this here.

Thanks Pete