P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I have a 2006 FXDWGI HARLEY DAVIDSON. I'm trying to Install

Customer Question

I have a 2006 FXDWGI HARLEY DAVIDSON. I'm trying to Install a tachometer on. Where do I terminate it on the motorcycle wiring harness?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be working with you today.

Expert:  P.J. replied 10 months ago.

There are two types of tachometers that can be installed on your bike. Where the tach signal wire is connected depends on the type. Do you know the brand and model of your tach or do you know whether it is a data bus type or a pulse type?

Expert:  P.J. replied 10 months ago.

A data bus tach connects to pin number 2 (serial data) of the speedometer plug.

A pulse tach connects to pin number 3 (tach signal) of the ECM plug.

Power and ground can really come from about any switched circuit but splicing into the speedometer power (orange/white) and ground (black) is the simplest.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
10
Expert:  P.J. replied 10 months ago.

Is there supposed to be more information than "10". If so, I'm not able to see it. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service. Thanks, P.J.