Motorcycle

Motorcycle Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Motorcycle

I have a Harlem davidson tras head and tail lihgts Went out.

Customer Question
Aldo no turn s%u00edganlas Working...
I have a Harlem davidson tras head and tail lihgts Went out. Aldo no turn s%u00edganlas Working. What soul i do to dic it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Motorcycle
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Befo re The head lights wen out they turn on and stay on for a while and then they turned off on there on. I ha no power to tail lights., Nor to head lights.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have the everything when the headlights and taillights when out my turn signals and still work and now they don't work out headlights nor taillights or turn signal I have no power to none of those sources you seem to be like Lisa fuse relay or you tell me what it is
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When I turn the ignition key switch the lights are used to come on right away however they don't to come on anymore up I love it I say: a tail and brake light in the rear of the Harley and it was working fine for a few days but then I I just started having this problem but the lights went out
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
8/20/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic

I don't do phone calls.

check the LIGHTS fuse, behind the left side cover.

the head light and tail light are powered from that fuse.

let me know if you need more help.

Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Steve I checked the fuse it is fine I check the second breaker it is fine and there is a Jell-O relay on the side of this Harley-Davidson 1200 mL up everything seems to be OK and they still don't have a headlights nor 30 signals or taillights
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I put a hot wire to the taillights wire in the headlights and taillights come on no problem but without the hot wire there's no power to him to headlights or taillights

what is a "jell-o" relay?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The yellow rekeying by the fuse is the one that controls the starter. The bike will start at any time. But no head lights or, tail lights. No turn signals ither. But lights on Tacom. And speedometer wil com on when turning ign. Switch on.

I don't do phone calls.

the headlight and tailight comes from the LIGHTS fuse.

if the fuse is good, check for 12v in he fuse socket.

if it is not there, check the wiring from the ignition switch to the fuse socket.

if the wiring is good, the ignition switch is bad. it's a common problem on that model. people tend to have things hanging on the key ring and all the vibration jiggles the ignition switch to pieces.

Steve

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I will check the wire, coming from the ign. Key switch, to fuse holder. But: it wil be tomorrow. It got dark here, in Ca. Thanks.

the battery provides power to the ignition switch, to the fuse block to the lights. there's not much to it. it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

let me know if you need more help.

Steve

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve

Steve
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic