Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

Was riding a few weeks ago, went about 100 miles and the

Customer Question

Was riding a few weeks ago, went about 100 miles and the bike kept stalling. Electrical would go completely off. Thought it was a battery problem. Put my battery in another bike, issues starting. Got a new battery and thought all was good. Tonight. Out for a ride, 10 miles or so. Bike stalled as I stopped. Went to a meeting, came out a couple hours later. Starts fine, no issues. Head home, 10 miles again, and the bike flat out went completely dead twice. No electronics at all. Ideas?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lewis and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, it would appear to be a charging issue. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• re-inspect the battery, its ground lines and/or re-check and re-clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring as a preliminary consideration. More importantly, have the battery externally charged and also LOAD TESTed (even if new/charged and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect);
  • • measure battery voltage where it should read ~12.7V idling and ~14.35 when revving. Anything lower on either or both would indicate a charging issue.