Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

When i put it in gear feels like there is something holding

Customer Question

when i put it in gear feels like there is something holding it back from going forward or reverse
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you have not had the brake system checked/tested at all this should be done.If a fault is found with the brake system this will need resolved to correct this issue here.If this is or has been checked already and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.I have seen issues with the brake master cylinder cause this needing replaced as well as brake calipers.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brakes seem to be fine - its only the rear that will not move . I jacked it up and tried to turn the rear wheels by hand . maybe turns a 1/4 and then it locks up same in reverse - cant budge it at all . I tried to drive it and had to throttle way up and barely moved same in reverse
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

This can be an issue with the rear differential itself as it may be binding internally due to gears binding up needing replaced.This will have to be inspected further to pinpoint the fault for sure and from there then repaired to correct this fault here.This may take someone who has the tools and knowledge to take it apart for inspection and repair.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete