Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a boss mc400 speaker and amplifier with a Jensen

Customer Question

I have a boss mc400 speaker and amplifier with a Jensen jhd910 radio on my Kawasaki Vulcan 900 lt motorcycle has a whining noise when motorcycle is running what can I do to eliminate it
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, it would appear to be a stator/regulator whine noise issue. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • connect the amp and the Jensen directly to the battery terminals carefully observing correct polarities;
  • • aside from the black wire to the battery's - terminal, hardwire an additional ground line from the amp's and the Jensen's body to the chassis and engine;
  • • install filter capacitors;
  • • install choke/inductor filters.