Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands
Experience:  Worked for Kawasaki Motors as a Product Support Specialist (Factory Support) for 24 years
30381042

I have a new scooter 150 cc taotao and I have a problem with

Customer Question

Hi I have a new scooter 150 cc taotao and I have a problem with it fishtailing enough to scare me when I go over uneven surfaces. What is wrong?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Michael my name is ***** ***** miles are in this unit ? and if you can give me the total weight of the rider and if there is a passengerThanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is about 90 miles on it. I weigh 280 pounds and the scooter's weight is 310 pounds
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
OK thanksWell here is what you need to try first, one thing that concerns me is you claim its a 2013 year model and has 90 miles it, obviously this unit has been sitting somewhere, if and who ever you purchased this from if they had it sitting on display the tires might have become aged from sitting.So what you need to do is given your weight you need to inflate the tires to the maximum load recommendation, these smaller diameter wheels you need to check inflation I suggest every time you fill up, not only a proper inflated tire will handle better, it will also increase life expectancy.Front tire pressure 29 psiRear tire pressure 33 psiNow you can play with the pressures on the front and rear, I would not exceed pressure over 35 psi on either front or rear.If you feel that you still have handling issues, I would then suggest that you replace the tires, not due to wear but for the fact that they are likely almost 4 years old and the manufacture date on the tires are likely closer to 4 years old.Let me know of you have any further questionsThanksKenny