P.J.
P.J., Technician
Experience:  10 years as a mechanic and fabricator in a privately owned, local, custom bike shop.
75205684

I have a 2006 streetglide I have no head light, turn signals

Customer Question

I have a 2006 streetglide I have no head light, turn signals in front come on but don't flash when turned on, have back tail light but no brake light, turn signal lights in back don't do anything, I have no tach or speedometor
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
There are 3 circuits that power your lighting. It appears you have a problem in two of them. The headlight is controlled by the "Headlamp" fuse in the block. It is on its own circuit. If your fuse is good then you may have a bulb issue. The turn signal control power and brake light power comes from the "Accessories" fuse in the block. I would verify that fuse. If those fuses are good then you'll need a volt meter and be prepared to do some digging and we can go through some troubleshooting steps. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The accessory fuse was blown and it blows when I put the brake on
Expert:  P.J. replied 1 year ago.
In that case you'll need to find the short circuit in that circuit. The two most common places are under the rear fender and along the handlebars where the switch housings clamp together. The problem could be in many other places though. The good part is you already know that it is in the brake wire (red/yellow) or brake light and that eliminates a whole bunch of stuff. It may help to get a few extra fuses and try to narrow it down further to the just the brake lever switch or the foot pedal switch. This will help shorten troubleshooting greatly. I hope this helps. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Also, please leave a positive rating for my service today. Thanks, P.J.