Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

GL1200 HONDA GOLDWING BIKE 1985 MDL. BEEN STORED YRS.

Customer Question

GL1200 HONDA GOLDWING BIKE 1985 MDL. BEEN STORED FOR 10 YRS. HAVE GOT IT RUNNING W/NEW OIL AND BAT. BUT WILL CUTS OFF AND ONLY RUNS FOR ABOUT 10 MIN. THEN CUTS OFF SUDDENLY AND BACKFIRES LIKE A CANNON AND WILL NOT RECRANK UNTIL IT IS COLD.
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me if I you need more info 478=361-2460
Thanks
Jim
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jim and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially and in most instances when/where the bike has sat/been in storage, the fuel or even if residual would have turned into varnish-like film that would have coated the walls of the carb(s), fuel lines, filters, pumps and just about every part of the fuel flow system. It would also have deposited and clogged the jets, pilots, holes and most of the small parts inside the carbs. The prescribed remedy is carb removal, dis-assembly to allow soaking and individual parts cleaning.It would also be to your advantage to check, clean and test the electric fuel pump and inline fuel filter as well as the tank cap air vent.