Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2014 FLHX I'm installing a custom auxiliary forward

Customer Question

I have a 2014 FLHX I'm installing a custom auxiliary forward lighting kit #67800367 (chrome) on. The problem: kit came with 2-4pin socket housings, however, 1 turn signal assembly (R side) came pre-crimped with terminals to just plug into the housing approximately 5" from the assembly which is what you would expect as the female housing hangs from the fork some 2-3"...easy! Now the left side turn signal assembly came with no terminals and the wire is approximately 40" long, all 3? The instructions state to use a sealed splice connector to splice the black lead coming from the 4-way socket housing to both black leads coming from both black turn signal and auxiliary lamp housings. When I view this kit online, it does not show the 40" wire from the left side. It shows the same as the right side? Now I have assembled everything with the exception of cutting the left side wiring down and installing as I did the R-side until I find a conclusive answer. I did go to Harley to pick up extra terminal connectors to assemble into the socket. With the R-side completely assembled & installed as is, the blinker works, but the auxiliary bulb does not illuminate when the auxiliary switch is activated. I am very mechanically inclined, however, this one has me scratching my head...can you help?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know. The first thing that needs done here is to make sure you have the correct kit for your model here.If this is the incorrect kit this can cause issues with operation and being wired up properly.I would check into this first to see if the correct kit was obtained.If it was let me know so we can continue from here.If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Kit #67800367 is the correct chrome kit according to Harley. The question is whether the manufacturer put the wrong parts in the wrong box. It is my understanding kit #67800366 (black) for the same model & year bike differs from that of kit #67800367. How so...I'm not totally certain, but I will make that inquiry with my dealer today & get back to you-!!
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I would double check to see if the manufacturer put either an incorrect harness in all together or made this harness incorrectly.If it shows the same for both left and right side but you have a long harness that isnt suppose to be there this would need replaced under parts warranty through the company you purchased it through.Let me know what you come up with here when your ready. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do-!! And yes, I plan on rating this service once my problem is resolved... Thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
No problem.If you find out the harness is correct you might ask if they can find out for you how you are suppose to wire this harness.It may be the harness is for multiple models and is made to trim down to size depending on the model used. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The strange thing is that if you search the net for any website offering HARLEY OEM kit #67800367, you'll see both left & right side wiring looks identical?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
It does sound like you may have received an incorrectly built harness or a harness that is incorrect all together.There is a chance it was updated and it needs trimmed back but if all look the same I suspect incorrectly built or incorrectly packaged. Thanks Pete