Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic
Experience:  Yamaha Gold, Suzuki Gold, Honda Bronze, Polaris Bronze, BRP
17258690

My 2011 Polaris 500 EFI Ranger shuts off after warmup and will not Restart till it cools o

Customer Question

My 2011 Polaris 500 EFI Ranger shuts off after warmup and will not Restart till it cools off. The radiator fan does not run at idle like it used to. Not sure if it is relay,temp switch or fan issue
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** am I speaking with ?If you have the model code that would be great, if not I can get it from the VIN (frame number) ?Also how many miles/hours are on this unit ?Have you checked if the spark is going away ?ThanksKenny
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I really don't need this service. After further troubleshooting there is a defect in the temperature switch that should activate the relay for the cooling fan to turn on. Thanks for being available.
Expert:  Kenny O. replied 1 year ago.
OK, well if you ever need anything else in the future, I would be glad to help !ThanksKenny