Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a Yamaha xvs650 v star classic. I just purchased it

Customer Question

I have a Yamaha xvs650 v star classic. I just purchased it from bent bike. I brought it home parked it and never started again. I replaced the battery. I am waiting for spark plugs to be delivered from another purchase from bent bike. anyway the new battery is trying to start but it is back firing. and not starting. what the hell did I just do. what did I get myself into. I played with the idle screw but that did nothing maybe even made it worse. parked on the street neighbors not happy with the stalled space taker. can you offer me any advice. I need someone to come to my place in the u district and help me get it going. or maybe ill just get it towed .what do you think??
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mitchell and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, let's review the basics to enable us to determine the likely area of fault; fuel or ignition. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) would be to drain/replace the fuel. With fresh fuel, attempt to start again with throttle action then remove the spark plugs:• check if fuel entered the combustion chamber and/or wet the spark plugs;• carefully perform a spark test. Click HERE.