Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Roketa 150 starts but only runs few seconds, if you let it…

Customer Question
roketa 150 starts but...
roketa 150 starts but only runs for a few seconds, if you let it set a few seconds it will start run a few seconds a die
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/15/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Roketa; carb or fuel injected?

Still, it would appear to be a fuel delivery issue. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • replace tank contents with sufficient fresh fuel;
  • • determine if fuel reaches spark plug after "...a few seconds a die..."
  • • check fuel flow from petcock/fuel cut-off valve, fuel filter or fuel pump which ever is in use depending on the model;
  • • verify carb bowl contents and/or fuel pump output pressure whichever is applicable.