Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

While summarizing my 2013 skidoo renegade I pushed the Set…

Customer Question
While summarizing my 2013 skidoo...
While summarizing my 2013 skidoo renegade I pushed the Set button and rapidly pushed the high low beam until the S appeared on the panel what I failed to do was once again Press the set button for two or three seconds. The engine ran until the S disappeared. While trying to redo the process correctly,I have not able to get the S to appear on the panel.What must I do to correct this problem.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
Answered in 2 days by:
3/12/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this model has an electric start with a battery installed in some cases you may be able to disconnect the battery to reset this issue here and start over.If this has already been tried or is not equipped with a battery let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

I have disconnected the battery,that did not work.

This is a tough one here for me to answer myself on this.In some cases with an issue like this here you may be able to contact a dealer or repair facility that works on this model and they may be able to tell you over the phone how to reset or correct this issue here.If this was already attempted or is not an option for you here let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here.

Thanks Pete

I did call a relatively new dealer who was not able to give me an answer. I plan on contacting another dealer.

O.k.,if you cannot locate the info and want to continue here I can open your question for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like me to do.

Thanks Pete

I have out not been able to find the information necessary to correct my problem. I need more information.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete