Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

O4 ranger 500 replaced fuel pump-new one lasted about 15…

Customer Question
o4 ranger 500 replaced fuel...
o4 ranger 500 replaced fuel pump-new one lasted about 15 minutes (ouch) what could the problem be (already checked fuel line from tank freeflowing).
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/11/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands replied 2 years ago
Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands

Hi Garry, my name is ***** ***** do you know what happened to the pump, is it just the motor not turning, its not something like a bunch of stuff in the fuel tank and its clogged up, have you inspected the tank ? other then some weird voltage spike but even at that, you don't see that much on 12 DC systems, only things that are sensitive to that is light bulbs and regulators ??