Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

My Polaris sportsman 500 utv does not lock into 6 wheel

Customer Question

My Polaris sportsman 500 utv does not lock into***** It will work when the information panel lights up which is very seldom. The guy I took it to, thinks it's electrical and he doesn't know too much about electrical. It's a 2003 with A03CL50AA model number. does this machine have a brain box? (computer)
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the wiring to the electronic panel that is acting up is damaged or shorting out at all this can cause this type of fault here in some cases.I would start with having the wiring checked to see if any damage is found at all needing repaired or replaced.You may have to have this inspected by a repair facility that works on this model here or a dealer repair facility to pinpoint and repair the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete