Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I was riding my 2001 buell blast last night and t a big pot…

Customer Question
I was riding my 2001...
I was riding my 2001 buell blast last night and hit a big pot hole at about 40mph that really jolted the whole bike and killed the engine. the lights and everything else were still on, but engine just died and could not get it started again. I have checked fuses and all are good. took the tank off and it was getting gas from there. I took the spark plug off and cleaned it, but don't think it's that since it's only a few months old. it's an Denso iridium power. some online said it could be the kick stand switch so I cut it off and spliced it together to see it it was that but it's not. What else could it be???
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
3/7/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic

Sounds like it might be the bank angle sensor.

It is under the seat and frame rail on the right side.

It has green and yellow wires and is held in a notch

by an allen bolt and nut. Try a jumper on the wires

and see if you get any spark.

Make sure the plug cap is okay too and battery

cables are tight etc.

---