Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2012 Fatbob and the and most of the time when I go…

Customer Question
I have a 2012 Fatbob...
I have a 2012 Fatbob and the and most of the time when I go to start the bike the engine barely turns over. This can occur in either cold or hot weather, the engine can be cold, warm, or hot, or the bike turned off for minutes, hours, or days. I have had the battery tested at the dealership and at other locations and it always tests good. The last battery test was today after sitting for a week and the only thing was that it had 3 less CCA then it should have had and again the engine barely turned over. It has done this from day one and the dealership has never been able to tell me anything.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
2/28/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Steve
Steve, Motorcycle Mechanic

if the battery is good, that doesn't leave much of the starting system to check.

- ensure both ends of all 3 battery cables have a clean tight connection and the crimped on ends of the cables are in good condition. replace any suspect cables.

- replace the starter relay. you may have been given a bad one from day one. they are heap and easy to change out.

- if the battery, relay and cables are all good, you have a bad starter.

let me know if you need more help

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve

let me know if you need more help.

if not, please leave a POSITIVE RATING.

thank you,

Steve