Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I jus a 5 hsp motor mini bike brggs n strattan ,but i put a…

Customer Question
I jus a 5 hsp...
I jus a 5 hsp motor for my mini bike brggs n strattan ,but i put a 3.5 hsp carb on it it starts n idels but wen i gas it the idle goes up n down n feels like :its not pushing like a 5 hsp should
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
Ive been waitin 20 min already
2/25/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi Charles and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check the burn color of the sparkplug tips and determine if the mix is rich, lean or just right;
  • • verify no air and/or vacuum leak(s).