Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 2006 ski doo gtx 550 f is continuously switching from rev…

Customer Question
My 2006 ski doo gtx...
My 2006 ski doo gtx 550 f is continuously switching from for to rev without the rev button being pushed. I can't move it. What could the problem be?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
2/17/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any shorting wiring leading from the rev switch itself or at the switch for any issues.If a fault is found it will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is or has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete