Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2007 Honda rincon 680, bike was running fine. then…

Customer Question
I have a 2007 Honda...
I have a 2007 Honda rincon 680, bike was running fine. then would not fire while trying to restart. Replaced ignition coil, wire, boot and spark plug with same symptoms. 4x4 and FI lights are on while cranking, they never came on when starting in the past. I went through the checklists in the manual for the ignition system and everything seemed to be fine
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
2/16/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect for any shorted or damaged wiring leading from the ignition switch and on the bike itself.If any issues are found with any of the wiring the affected wiring will need repaired or replaced to correct this fault here.If this has been or is checked and all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Pete, Technician