Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Trying to install speedo #70900070B on a 06 thunder mountain…

Customer Question
trying to install speedo #70900070B...
trying to install speedo #70900070B on a 06 thunder mountain EFI, when I hook up data link and turn switch on, it does not load data just stays at 0% . plug speedo in just its says no cal. old speedo does not function but does keep odometer reading and tach.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
2/16/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check and make sure all wiring leading to the speedo is o.k. and the connections are clean and tight at the speedo.If this is all found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

tried that also. Checked pins weren't bent and put dielectric grease on them

O.k.,unfortunately with my info being limited here on this model I will have to open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further with this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete