Chris
Chris, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  43 years of automotive repair, Smog license
12365498

I have stripped the thread on the left hand front footrest

Customer Question

I have stripped the thread on the left hand front footrest on a triumph tr25w 1969 model, is it possible to get it repaired?
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer. Yes the threads can most likely be repaired. There is a thread repair kit called a "thread insert", or Helicoil The kit contains a drill bit and a spiral section of thread. What a shop will do is to drill out the old threads and then with a special installer, screw in the new Helicoil. Then you can thread/mount the foot rest back onto the bike. The trick is to purchase the proper size thread repair kit.

I hope this information helps, and thanks again for allowing me to help yoday.

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept in a positive way. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.

Thank you!

Chris

Expert:  Chris replied 1 year ago.

It could very well be the battery itself.

Chris