Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 2007 Yamaha apex sled won't turn over I replaced the

Customer Question
starter relay and other relays...
My 2007 Yamaha apex sled won't turn over I replaced the starter relay and other relays with Yamaha parts and fuses are fine and so is the starter cause I jump the starter now when I turn the key the check engine light comes on and triangle with an exclamation mark in the middle comes on and when I let go the key they both turn off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
2/14/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: john, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
john
john, ASE Certified Technician

very likely are you getting power to the starter? have you checked with a test light?

Thiers power going to the new starter relay but no power going from the ignition to activate the starter relay

then its a switch issue or wiring between the switch and the relay