Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

2009 yamaha roadstar warrior When I turn the key to on the…

Customer Question
2009 yamaha roadstar warrior When I...
2009 yamaha roadstar warrior
When I turn the key to on the display reads all zeros, they go away when I start riding, however on my 2nd trip of the day, the bike cuts out (kind of like it ran out of gas) the tank still has plenty of gas but the fuel pump doesn't run when the key is turned on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
2/13/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician

Hi David and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, start with the basics; fuses, wiring, connectors........(even if just to eliminate them as suspects).

Still, proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done) is to determine the presence of IGN+12V on both the fuel pump's red/blue wire and the injectors' black wires:

• • if present, then the fuel pump itself is highly suspect;
  • • if absent, then the lean angle cut-off switch would have to be checked/replaced.
why would I be able to make the first trip (as little as 30 miles and as many as 110 miles) but always have the bike die 40 minutes into the second?

A number of factors hence the above proposed go/no-go tests and checks.