Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have a 1982 Honda 900f, carbs have been overhauled, but

Customer Question
there is no way to...
have a 1982 Honda 900f, carbs have been overhauled, but there is no way to adjust the float level, the floats are plastic with no metal tab to adjust. the only difference in the 4 carbs is the seat for the needle valve is higher on one carb then the others. with everything assembled three carbs over flow, checking float heights show 1 carb at 14mm+ the other 3 at 12mm or less. factory setting is 15.5mm. I can't change the float seat, is there another float assembly that will work that has a metal tab to adjust the float height?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
2/10/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands replied 2 years ago
Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands

Hi Ron my name is ***** ***** you post up a few pictures so I can see what you are referring too ? also does it looked like someone tried to remove that one seat ? Let me see that tab on the float also, something doesn't sound right there ?

Thanks

Kenny