Motorcycle

Connect one-on-one with a verified motorcycle mechanic who will answer your question

Kenny O.
Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands

More related answers
All motorcycle mechanics are VERIFIED
I have a Harley-Davidson motorcycle question. 2001
Steve
Steve, I&C technician
I just want to know what is normal operating current I don't seem to have the right setting for my multimeter as I get a reading of 30.8-9 and my car gets 32.0 Is this a normal reading for a motorcycle. I just put a new battery in it. … read more
Have a 2006 Sportster 883 C XL, 3rd owner, on the last two
Steve
Steve, I&C technician
Have a 2006 Sportster 883 C XL, 3rd owner, on the last two rides after shutting down my garage is filled with gasoline fumes. Sniffed it out and it is coming from the carb, air intake, strong...can fi… read more
I own at 2006 Harley Davidson Sportster XL 883. It has been
Christopher
Christopher, Senior Mechanic & Technician
I own at 2006 Harley Davidson Sportster XL 883. It has been sitting in my garage for years and has not been started for a long time. I'm trying to sell it now. I replaced the battery and it is turning… read more
sportster..battery cable..cable corroded..remove from the bike
.......
......., Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
2000 harley davidson sportster 883 xl battery cable removal? The cable corroded and broke off on the stater end, what is the minimum equipment I need to remove from the bike and what tools will aide t… read more
2001 sportster 883..voltage regulator is a 3 wire type bolted..ground
.......
I have a 2001 Sportster 883 that isn't charging the battery. I had the battery load tested this morning and it was good. The voltage regulator is a 3 wire type bolted to the frame for ground. How do I… read more
Hi, i have a 2010 harley iron 883. I am having issues getting
Andre Pilon
Andre Pilon, Motorcycle Mechanic
Hi, i have a 2010 harley iron 883. I am having issues getting it to crank. When i turn the ignition switch to ignition position all gauge lights come on including the neutral light, however; i do not … read more
The rear axel is 41t ,the smallest trans sprocket I..factory
Steve
Steve, I&C technician
hello,I have a 92 1200 xl that I am converting to a trike using a HD servi car rear end.The biggest sprocket I can get on the rear axel is 41t ,the smallest trans sprocket I can find is 19t this leave… read more
883 Harley-davidson 2003 that has been up graded to a 1200..my battery
Steve
Steve, I&C technician
I have a 883 Harley-Davidson 2003 that has been up graded to a 1200. I have a short or something that is draining my battery! It's been going on for a while and don't really know where to look. I also… read more
my starter motor on my 1995 H-D xlh sportster..removing..shifter
Wayne S.
Wayne S., Motorcycle Mechanic
I've just completed replacing my starter motor on my 1995 H-D XLH Sportster. 883, 5 speed. I was causious to mark all the positions when removing the transmision cover, everything went back together b… read more
d sportster 883 , parked and left key..turn key..dead battery..fuses
MrHonda
MrHonda, Vocational, Technical or Trade Scho
I have a 2000 h-d sportster 883 , parked and left key on although shut down the engine came out later and found I didn't turn key off. Next morning had a dead battery ? Replaced it and still didn't ha… read more
power, head lights were very dim and bike shut..jump..my battery
Steve
Steve, I&C technician
I was riding the other day and my bike started chugging i pulled over to check it out and discovered that I was not getting power, head lights were very dim and bike shut down after a min or two just … read more
How can I tell the difference between Harley davidson 1200
Chuck
Chuck, Shop Foreman
How can I tell the difference between Harley davidson 1200 & 883 without any visible signs model year 1993… read more
I have a 2003 Harley Sportster 883..heck..negative side
Steve
Steve, I&C technician
I have a 2003 Harley Sportster 883 XL. I am trying to put a new battery in it? How the heck do I get to the negative side of the battery. I can't figure it out?… read more
AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FOR A XLH 883..SPORTSTER..CLUTCH
Mark
Mark, Harley Technician / Mechanic
WHERE AND HOW MUCH FOR AN AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION FOR A XLH 883. I HAVE A 2004 SPORTSTER THAT HAS BEEN MADE INTO A TRIKE. I HAVE TROUBLE WITH THE CLUTCH BECAUSE OF MY HAND. I'M ALMOST 80 YRS (THINK I'M… read more
I have a 2006 Harley Sportster 883 Custom..weather..bike..charger
Bill
Bill, Harley Tech
I have a 2006 Harley Sportster 883 Custom. Due to bad weather this winter, I let the battery get too discharged to start the bike. I have a charger. How do I remove the chromed battery cover to get at… read more
Sportster..it idles rough, where is the Idle adjustment screw located
.......
I have bought a 2000 xl sportster 883 and it idles rough, where is the Idle adjustment screw located… read more
NEW BATTERY LOSES CHARGE AFTER A FEW HOURS..sportster..START back
Motorcycle Tech
Motorcycle Tech, motorcycle mechanic
NEW BATTERY LOSES CHARGE AFTER A FEW HOURS OF RIDING ON A 1996 XL 883 SPORTSTER. AFTER RIDING A FEW HUNDRED MILES IF THE BIKE IS TURENED OFF THE BIKE WILL NOT START BACK UP.… read more
I have a 2004 Harley Sportster Custom 1200. The battery is ...
Bill
Bill, Harley Tech
I have a 2004 Harley Sportster Custom 1200. The battery is dead and I need to charge it. I have a charger. I can remove the cover on the left side of the bike and get to the positive cathode on the ba… read more