Motorcycle

Motorcycle questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2000 Polaris xcr 800. The sled runs fine fifteen to…

Customer Question
I have a 2000 Polaris...
I have a 2000 Polaris xcr 800. The sled runs fine for about fifteen to twenty minutes. It seems when the engine warms up, it will only run on one or two cylinders. Could the coils be braking down from heat?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Motorcycle
1/25/2016
Motorcycle Mechanic: Pete, Technician replied 2 years ago
Pete, Technician

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Ignition coil failure can be common as well as worn spark plugs once the engine has warmed up.If you have not checked the ignition coils for any damage visibly seen this needs done.If a fault is found with any of the coils the affected coils will need replaced.If no visible damage is found I would have the spark checked from each coil when this occurs to see if one or more is found to be faulty needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete