Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience
13948492

I have a 2012 polaris razor 800 it started off by just

Customer Question

I have a 2012 polaris razor 800 it started off by just shutting down in the middle of driving it and when I went to try and start it back up it would not do anything, no lights on dash, nothing. Then it finally got lights back on dash and then when you would step on break peddle the lights would go off and nothing again. About six times of doing this it started. It done this about three times. I then started looking at fused and relays I swapped all the relays up and it done fine for about two days. Parked it and a couple of days later I went to start it and nothing again. No matter what i do nothing.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially and if have not been tried; inspect the battery & ground lines and/or check/clean the battery cables + terminals, connectors and wiring as a preliminary consideration. Have the battery externally charged and then LOAD TESTed (even if new and just for the purpose of eliminating it as a suspect).

Still, it would appear to be two (2) intermittent issues; a) loose main supply and b) pinched/shorting wiring. Proposed preliminary tries (if have not been done):

• • check all the red wires from the battery's + terminal to the starter solenoid to the circuit breaker to the relay/fuseblock;
  • • check the circuit breaker;
  • • check all the black wires starting with the battery's - terminal, chassis/frame ground and engine ground.