Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I HAVE 2003 700 TWIN POLARIS,TURNS OVER HAS SPARK HAS FUEL

Customer Question

Customer: I HAVE 2003 700 TWIN POLARIS,TURNS OVER HAS SPARK HAS FUEL BUT BACK FIRES THROUGH CARB,WAS BROUGHT TO ME THIS WAY,CUSTOMER SAID IT DIED ANY HAS STARTED SINCE,SEEMS LIKE TIMING OR TRIGGER COIL ISSUES,THERE SEEMED TO SOMTHING WRONG IN SPEEDOMETER
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: NEW PLUGS CHANGED OIL AND FILTER WENT THROUGH CARB, CRANKS OVER IF YOU CHOKE IT IT BACKFIRES LIKE IT OUT OF TIME
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Motorcycle Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YES
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The back fire can also be a lean engine running issue.Check for any debris in the fuel or fuel tank and fuel filter and see if any faults are found needing corrected to resolve this here.In some cases debris build up in a fuel tank will cause an issue like this here with the tank needing cleaned and refilled with good fuel to correct this fault here.If this has all already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete