Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Installed Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz combination running

Customer Question

Customer: Installed Custom Dynamics Dynamic Ringz combination running light and turn signal on '06 Street Bob to replace OEM bulbs. Had to run a cable to bring running light power into indicator billet. Running lights work fine on daymaker LED headlight as well as new indicator running lights.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Replaced rear stock OEM signals with LED dual intensity tail, brake light and seperate amber flasher LED units. Turn Signals flash at correct speed after running hazards to sync and get rid of hyper-flash. I have now however lost my brake lights...either that or the brake lights are on full time. Will a load equaliser sort it out? I did not go near the brake switches and everything was working fine prior to the install of the Custom Ringz to the front end. Thanks Steve.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Motorcycle Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Thats fine Steve.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This may be a fault with a loose/poor ground for the light assembly.If you have not checked for any grounding issues this should be done to see if an issue is found needing repaired.If this was already done and found to be o.k. the next thing to do as this can be difficult to pinpoint is to have the light signals checked/tested by a facility that deals with the after market systems to see if anything is missing or needed to make this work properly.If this is not an option for you here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete