Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have limp mode pop up when i push the performance

Customer Question

i have limp mode pop up when i push the performance switch,plus my high beems arent working and the 2 wheel switch doesnt seem to be working, it seems to be in the switching system, maybe a relay?
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Inspect and see if you locate any shorted or damaged wiring leading to the switches and the control panel or anywhere else on this model.If a wiring fault is found the wiring will need to be repaired to correct this issue here.If all wiring was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I haven't checked the wiring for a short as of yet. Could it be a faulty ground or a bad relay ? I haven't torn the quad down to check these problems, looking for clues before I start. Jim
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

A bad ground can cause issues like this as well here so this is a possibility for this fault.I dont have the diagrams on this model unfortunately so it is hard to say if this is a relay issue here for sure.This will have to be checked over further to locate and repair the fault and may require a shop with more experience on this model to locate the fault if you do not see anything yourself.

Thanks Pete