Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a 2000 sportsman 500. Every now and then my airbox

Customer Question

I have a 2000 sportsman 500. Every now and then my airbox will fill with gas or sometimes it goes into the oil and contaminates it. The carb has a new needle seat and o ring and the float is working properly. not sure what else would cause this and also why it would be intermident. also to add, i replaced all fuel lines, filter and cleaned gas tank
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would have the carb. inspected for any damaged like cracks in it that may be causing the fuel to do this here.Even with the float and needle and seat o.k. if there is a hair line crack or damage to the carb. itself this will cause this fault and usually ends up with the carb. itself needing replaced.This may need done here on your model.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete