Motorcycle

Motorcycle Questions? Ask a Mechanic.

Motorcycle

I have 2012 fuel injected 4010 Kawasaki mule that won't hold

Customer Question
a constant rpm. It is...
I have 2012 fuel injected 4010 Kawasaki mule that won't hold a constant rpm. It is excelerating or decelerating ,no in between.
Wondering what to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Motorcycle
12/3/2015
Motorcycle Mechanic: Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands replied 1 year ago
Kenny O.
Kenny O., Motorcycle, ATV, Mules, Side by Side's Product Specialist. All Brands

Hi my name is ***** ***** I get the miles and the hours on the unit for starters, if you have the VIN 17 digit frame number I would like to look up some history with Kawasaki and that will also give me the exact model code.

Next please give me a brief description of what the vehicle is used for, and if you have ever changed the CVT belt, also if the unit has ever had any major service work, if so, please explain.

Thanks

Kenny

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
VIN-- JK1AFCM17DB513807
I use it on a horse ranch just getting around the place. I had it to the dealer for this problem and they changed my belt and a pulley of some kind. But it did not fix it. Took it back and they put a crankcase breather in. Worked for a few weeks but back to try to hold a steady speed and it excelerates or when I let off a little it acts like it shuts off then it excelerates again

Thanks Jeff for the info, If you can get me a little more detail on the clutch repair that will help, I think you have a few different things maybe going on. If you have a receipt from the dealer it might have part numbers on it, that will help me or give me an idea maybe what was repaired.

Also the crankcase breather, it comes with one and they really don't "wear" out so to speak, unless something was defective ?

So it seems where you brought it back and they fiddled with what they claim was the crankcase breather it was better, then did it go back to exactly what it was doing before ? or was it slightly different ??

****** Need Hours and mileage *****
Thanks Jeff

Kenny

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think the screwed me on everything. I took it in because it felt like it was having a fuel issue. Like I said it will go fast then like it has the gas peddle let off, but my foot never moves. It does all the way down the road. Some day it's worse than others.
I don't have any paper work anymore.
They charged me $1200.00 to replace parts that I did not need and was not what I took it in for.
That was several months ago but I am getting tired of this thing

OK, so are you OK with working on this unit under my direction ? let me know, also I understand your frustration but you still have not gave me hours and miles ??????

I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE MILES AND HOURS ON THIS UNIT, THAT HELPS ME TREMENDOUSLY !!

Please address the two questions I asked !

Thanks

Kenny

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hours are 677
Don't have odometer for miles

OK thanks, ***** ***** gives me a visual of maybe what's going on.

I am going to first start out and I want you to inspect the converters and there operation, I think this is going to give a good idea what's going on and where to start you off.

I'm hoping you have a smart phone as I would like you to remove the belt cover and you can lift the unit up with all 4 wheels off the ground and then have someone film the clutches and you accelerate and where I can watch the clutches as they shift threw from idle to top speed.

To do this you'll need to remove the cargo bed, go to the back and by each light you find plug in connectors, unplug both taillights and then in the same area you find clips and pin for the bed, remove the pins and then lift the bed off, next I'll need you to remove the belt cover, you can maneuver it out without removing the l/h shock, I cant really explain but it will come out, some people feel its easier to unbolt the shock and swing it out of the way, either or you just need to get the cover off so you can inspect the shifting as it goes threw its range, if you can video it and post it up here that would be really good.

Let me know your thoughts or get back when you have performed what I asked, just be careful when the unit is off he ground and if you are running it with the belt cover off, you don't want to get your hand near the spinning parts.

Thanks

Kenny

Morning Jeff, did you make any headway on this ?

Thanks

Kenny

Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky
Jeff Policky, Motorcycle Mechanic