Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have recently had some problems with my commander 1000 xt

Customer Question

I have recently had some problems with my commander 1000 xt utv. i had used it to pull a moose out of a clearing in LOW RANGE. i pulled it for some ways couldnt get it up the hill so as i unhooked the line to the moose i went to turn the machine around & lost all power & throttle. managed to limp back to camp. I have since changed the drive belt & put on factory recommended belt. when i took it out for test drive I had no throttle but EASED off on throttle pedal & got all power back.Intermittent throttle is my problem!!! what can I do or what should I be looking for. Thx
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Check for a lack of fuel due to a restriction with a fuel filter needing replaced or restricted or damaged fuel lines.Check for any blockage with the exhaust that can cause an issue like this as well with the exhaust needing repaired or replaced.If these are all o.k. this may be an issue with the throttle pedal sensor itself if this model uses electronic throttle instead of the cable throttle.

All of these need checked into to locate if any of these are the cause here and then from there repaired to correct this fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete