Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have a VN 1500 rear cylinder header glowing cherry red. it

Customer Question

I have a VN 1500 rear cylinder header glowing cherry red. it has just had new rockers fitted to rear cylinder
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The glowing red usually indicates the engine is running lean on that cylinder.To much air or to lean will cause the exhaust to glow red like this in most all cases.I would have the fuel system tested for any issues as well as the engine checked over for any vacuum leaks that may be causing this here needing repaired or replaced.If these are or were all checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue,this does sound like the engine is running to lean and may also be an issue with the rockers if they are adjustable and have been adjusted incorrectly.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete