Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Honors degree in Mechanical Engineering, worked 8 years as a Formula 1 engine engineer.
12772297

I have a 2015 Honda pioneer 4 wheel drive. I changed oil in

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Honda pioneer***** I changed oil in it and 48miles later I had to add another quart of oil no leaks not smoking.Whaere is this oil going machine has 1300 miles on it..this has happened more than once
Category: Motorcycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

The first thing I'd check is the crankcase pressure relief valve (PCV) these are sprung loaded and are only meant to 'burp' excess pressure every now and then. The exiting gas is piped back to the inlet, however should the valve stick open then the engine tends to suck the air out of the crankcase all the time and this carries oil over with it.

If you remove the air intake pipe and look inside where the crankcase breather is plumbed in you may find evidence of oil.

If you do find oil replace the valve. If this is all OK then its possible that the valve stem seals are past their best and are drip-feeding oil into the intake. These can be replaced without removing the head by a competent garage in half a day or so

an engine flush may also help if you've got a sticking oil scraper ring so its worth a go, as for the oil if you go up a grade / use slightly thicker oil then this is less readily drawn into gaps and less likely to be burnt off

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.