Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

I have purchased a 2nd hand 1190R 2013 and am battling to

Customer Question

Hi, I have purchased a 2nd hand 1190R 2013 and am battling to start the bike. I have charged the battery and also battle to push start the bike. I suspect the motor may have ingested some dirt. Should this be the case, what will need to be done to sort out the bike.
Many thanks
Category: Motorcycle
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you suspect dirt in the intake or engine here you will have to remove the air intake and check for dirt or debris and remove this as best as you can.The intake/carb./throttle may need removed to remove any dirt or debris stuck.Then once this removed you should be able to start it from there.You may want to remove the spark plugs and see if any dirt is on them as well and clean off as needed and disable the fuel and crank over the engine with the plugs out to blow out any dirt.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete.